Unit4 Enterprise Resource Planning setup for Wanda Digital Assistant
About this guide
This implementation guide covers the setup required in Unit4 Enterprise Resource Planning (Unit4 ERP) to allow the use of the Unit4 Wanda digital assistant, and is aimed at implementation consultants and system administrator level staff who are responsible for configuring and maintaining a Unit4 ERP installation.
- Unit4 ERP Milestone 7 or later, plus the latest Experience packs installed for the customer
- Unit4 Identity Services (U4IDS) registered and configured in the cloud for the customer by Unit4 Cloud Operations
- Customer (tenant) must be configured in the Unit4 Discovery Service
- Unit4 Message Hub registered and configured for the customer in the cloud for the customer by Unit4 Cloud Operations
- End users must have a user account on Microsoft Teams, Skype or Slack
- Wanda is a cloud-only service managed by Unit4 and supports a hybrid setup with an on-premise Unit4 ERP installation.
- Wanda is delivered as a cloud service with continuous non-breaking releases, which means that it will get smarter and learn new skills on a regular basis.
- Customers must agree to the overall Unit4 privacy policies for Wanda as outlined in Unit4 Privacy Statement relating to cloud-based services and People Platform services, as well as the Terms & Conditions for Microsoft Services such as the Microsoft Language Understanding Service and Microsoft Bot Connector.
Wanda usage scenarios
The Unit4 Wanda digital assistant cloud service can be used in the following scenarios:
- Managed cloud, where the Unit4 ERP application and required Unit4 People Platform services are hosted and managed in the cloud by Unit4 Cloud Operations
- Hybrid cloud, where the Unit4 ERP application is hosted and managed on-premise by the customer, and the Unit4 People Platform services are hosted and managed in the cloud by Unit4 Cloud Operations
Required Unit4 People Platform services
The following Unit4 Platform services are required:
- Unit4 Identity Services (U4IDS) to provide authentication and identity mapping. U4IDS is a multi-tenant Federation Gateway using the OpenID protocol
- Unit4 Message Hub to provide message handling / management for notifications
Wanda implementation steps
The required setup for Unit4 ERP to use Wanda consists of:
- Ordering and registration of the Unit4 Wanda digital assistant with the Unit4 Cloud for the customer's Unit4 ERP installation. Ordering of Wanda and the selected digital assistant skills is done by the customer via their Unit account manager, and Wanda registration and setup in the Unit Cloud is done by Unit4 Cloud ops. Refer to the Unit4 Wanda ordering and registration for details.
- Registration / setup of the Unit4 People Platform cloud services required by Wanda, such as Unit4 Identity services (U4IDS).
- For Unit4 ERP installations running as a Unit4 cloud service this entire setup including the required Unit4 ERP setup is done by the Unit4 Cloud Operations team.
- For Unit4 ERP installations running on-premise, the required Unit4 ERP technical setup to operate with U4IDS is done by implementation consultants and the customer using the Unit4 ERP Management Console. The Wanda IDS setup outlines this procedure.
- Functional setup of the Unit4 ERP installation to support the business functionality required by Wanda for the specified digital assistant skills. This is done by implementation consultants and the customer. Refer to the Functional setup section which describes the necessary setup for each Wanda skill.